08 September, 2013

Blog Entry Week 3

     In my PDS this week, I was in control of a single class period. This week, we worked on preparing for the test, taking the test, and a culminating activity for the colony project.

In general, this week was kind of a supervision week -- making sure students were on task, doing what they were supposed to do etc. I did, however, get to run my first review game of the year. Most of the classes went rather well, but a few classes did get out of hand with their competitiveness. This was also a problem with the culminating activity on Friday. What I've learned this week is that I need to put more work into developing a more stern teacher demeanor. Basically, I need to improve my classroom management by showing the students that I mean business. Going forward, this will be an area that I focus on improving.

I did my first full week of planning my own lessons and activities -- for next week. I am assuming control of two different classes this week. I am both excited and nervous about this upcoming week, as this is the first time I am teaching from my own plans this year. I worked hard on creating good lesson plans for this week, so hopefully everything works out splendidly.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.