20 October, 2013

Week 9 Blog

This week, my lessons were focused on the constitution and the ratification of it.

On the first day, we did some notes about the drafting of the constitution and then transitioned into creating fliers with supported either the federalists or the anti-federalists.I think this lesson went well, but students seemed to tune out a little bit during the notes. However, I think the length of the notes and discussion were decent enough, and that students were able to authentically learn about the debate between federalists and antifederalists. As far as reflection, I believe that this lesson was well prepared and that it addressed student learning needs.

On the second day of the week (Tuesday), students worked on a constitution scavenger hunt. This was designed in order for students to be able to read and interpret the primary document in order to work with documents. The purpose of this is twofold: 1) students will work with documents and gain a greater knowledge of the constitution and what it does 2) students will read an analyze documents in preparation for the Document-Based-Question that was done on Thursday and Friday. Students did not really enjoy this assignment, yet I believe that it was useful in that they worked with the actual constitution in order to understand it better.

On the final days of the week, students worked on a Document-Based-Question which featured ratification of the constitution



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.